NLS for POSTGRESQL (Russian)

From
"Serguei Mokhov"
Date:
Hello,

Attached please find an initiation of the
NLS effort for the 'postgresql' component.
It includes 'ru.po', which should be added
to /src/backend/po/ and a typical patch for
nls.mk with the 'ru' entry added in
the AVAIL_LANGUAGES.

I'll submit a patch with more translations
for pg_dump once CVSweb becomes available.
CVSweb for me right now is the only way
to get to the source code until my system
is completely setup by the end of the week.

--
Serguei A. Mokhov

Attachment

Re: NLS for POSTGRESQL (Russian)

Date:

> Hello,
>
> Attached please find an initiation of the
> NLS effort for the 'postgresql' component.
> It includes 'ru.po', which should be added
> to /src/backend/po/ and a typical patch for
> nls.mk with the 'ru' entry added in
> the AVAIL_LANGUAGES.
>
> I'll submit a patch with more translations
> for pg_dump once CVSweb becomes available.
> CVSweb for me right now is the only way
> to get to the source code until my system
> is completely setup by the end of the week.
>
> --
> Serguei A. Mokhov

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Patch for handling unknown data types in jdbc driver

From
"Dave Cramer"
Date:
Attached is a patch which deals with

select 'id' as xxx from table

The issue is:

When the driver gets a data type which does not map into the SQL.Types
it attempts to load the object into a java object. Eventually throwing
an exception indicating that the type "unknown" was not found.

Since the backend defaults "unknown" types to text it was suggested that
the jdbc driver do the same.

This patch does just that.

I have tested it on the above select statement as well as a small
program that serializes, and deserializes a class

Dave

Attachment

Re: Patch for handling unknown data types in jdbc driver

Date:

> Attached is a patch which deals with
>
> select 'id' as xxx from table
>
> The issue is:
>
> When the driver gets a data type which does not map into the SQL.Types
> it attempts to load the object into a java object. Eventually throwing
> an exception indicating that the type "unknown" was not found.
>
> Since the backend defaults "unknown" types to text it was suggested that
> the jdbc driver do the same.
>
> This patch does just that.
>
> I have tested it on the above select statement as well as a small
> program that serializes, and deserializes a class
>
> Dave

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: Patch for handling unknown data types in jdbc driver

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.

> Attached is a patch which deals with
>
> select 'id' as xxx from table
>
> The issue is:
>
> When the driver gets a data type which does not map into the SQL.Types
> it attempts to load the object into a java object. Eventually throwing
> an exception indicating that the type "unknown" was not found.
>
> Since the backend defaults "unknown" types to text it was suggested that
> the jdbc driver do the same.
>
> This patch does just that.
>
> I have tested it on the above select statement as well as a small
> program that serializes, and deserializes a class
>
> Dave

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: NLS for POSTGRESQL (Russian)

Date:
Patch applied.  Thanks.

> Hello,
>
> Attached please find an initiation of the
> NLS effort for the 'postgresql' component.
> It includes 'ru.po', which should be added
> to /src/backend/po/ and a typical patch for
> nls.mk with the 'ru' entry added in
> the AVAIL_LANGUAGES.
>
> I'll submit a patch with more translations
> for pg_dump once CVSweb becomes available.
> CVSweb for me right now is the only way
> to get to the source code until my system
> is completely setup by the end of the week.
>
> --
> Serguei A. Mokhov

[ Attachment, skipping... ]

Re: Patch for handling unknown data types in jdbc driver

From
Barry Lind
Date:
Dave,