[Fwd: Re: New EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement]

From
Justin Clift
Date:
Hi all,

I think we should include Martijn van Oosterhout's patch for his new
EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement in our /contrib section, as it's really
useful.

How about it?

Regards and best wishes,

Justin Clift

Re: [Fwd: Re: New EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement]

Date:
> Hi all,
>
> I think we should include Martijn van Oosterhout's patch for his new
> EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement in our /contrib section, as it's really
> useful.
>
> How about it?

I haven't seen the patch submitted.  Why wouldn't it be in the backend
code?

Re: [Fwd: Re: New EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement]

Date:
Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
> I think we should include Martijn van Oosterhout's patch for his new
> EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement in our /contrib section, as it's really
> useful.

Putting a server patch in contrib seems sorta bizarre to me.  We should
either accept the patch or not.  AFAIR Martijn hasn't formally submitted
the patch yet, so this discussion is premature anyway.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [Fwd: Re: New EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement]

From
Martijn van Oosterhout
Date:
On Tue, Aug 21, 2001 at 10:15:30AM -0400, Tom Lane wrote:
> Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> writes:
> > I think we should include Martijn van Oosterhout's patch for his new
> > EXPLAIN ANALYZE statement in our /contrib section, as it's really
> > useful.
>
> Putting a server patch in contrib seems sorta bizarre to me.  We should
> either accept the patch or not.  AFAIR Martijn hasn't formally submitted
> the patch yet, so this discussion is premature anyway.

Very well. I'll tidy it up a bit and make sure it takes into account the
last set of comments and submit it tomorrow.
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@svana.org>
http://svana.org/kleptog/