oid2name silly patch

From
andrea gelmini
Date:
a wild patch for something i need to use.

ciao,
andrea

Attachment

Re: oid2name silly patch

Date:
> a wild patch for something i need to use.
>
> ciao,
> andrea

oid2name is now in /contrib/Makefile.  As for getopt.h, most platforms
don't have it.  BSD/OS has:

     #include <stdio.h>
     #include <unistd.h>

I have added  #include <unistd.h>.   Let me know if that helps.

Re: oid2name silly patch

Date:
OK, add #include <stdio.h> to the file.  That should fix it.

> On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 08:55:31AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> > I have added  #include <unistd.h>.   Let me know if that helps.
>
> it works, thanks.
> there are still two warnings, but they don't hurt the program.
>
> oid2name.c: In function `sql_exec_dumpdb':
> oid2name.c:318: warning: passing arg 3 of `sql_exec' makes integer from pointer without a cast
> oid2name.c: In function `sql_exec_dumptable':
> oid2name.c:335: warning: passing arg 3 of `sql_exec' makes integer from pointer without a cast
>
> ciao,
> andrea

Re: oid2name silly patch

Date:
> OK, add #include <stdio.h> to the file.  That should fix it.

Seems unlikely, since libpq-fe.h already includes <stdio.h>.

The real problem here is that the code is wrong: it's passing NULL
to an int parameter.

            regards, tom lane

Re: oid2name silly patch

From
andrea gelmini
Date:
On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 08:55:31AM -0500, Bruce Momjian wrote:
> I have added  #include <unistd.h>.   Let me know if that helps.

it works, thanks.
there are still two warnings, but they don't hurt the program.

oid2name.c: In function `sql_exec_dumpdb':
oid2name.c:318: warning: passing arg 3 of `sql_exec' makes integer from pointer without a cast
oid2name.c: In function `sql_exec_dumptable':
oid2name.c:335: warning: passing arg 3 of `sql_exec' makes integer from pointer without a cast

ciao,
andrea

Re: oid2name silly patch

Date:
Thanks.  Fix applied.  My gcc doesn't complain, even with -Wall, so I
assumed it was a platform-specific issue.

> > OK, add #include <stdio.h> to the file.  That should fix it.
>
> Seems unlikely, since libpq-fe.h already includes <stdio.h>.
>
> The real problem here is that the code is wrong: it's passing NULL
> to an int parameter.
>
>             regards, tom lane

Re: oid2name silly patch

Date:
> Thanks.  Fix applied.  My gcc doesn't complain, even with -Wall, so I
> assumed it was a platform-specific issue.

Well, it is: it'd depend on exactly how NULL is defined by your system's
headers ...

            regards, tom lane