Re: [GENERAL] Expected password response, got message type 88

Date:
"Andrus" <kobruleht2@hot.ee> writes:
> Server logs files contain a lot of messages
> Expected password response, got message type 88

> This occurs when user tries to log-in but login fails for strange reason.
> User must enter password several times to log-in to application.

> What causes this message ?
> I'm using ODBC driver from windows client.

It looks to me like the ODBC driver is failing to follow the protocol.
It shouldn't respond with an 'X' if it doesn't have a password, just
disconnect.

            regards, tom lane

Re: [GENERAL] Expected password response, got message type 88

From
"Andrus"
Date:
> It looks to me like the ODBC driver is failing to follow the protocol.
> It shouldn't respond with an 'X' if it doesn't have a password, just
> disconnect.

It seems (not sure) to occur when user retypes password fast.
Maybe in this case ODBC driver gets old connection somehow from driver
manager.

Andrus.