Access query as executed by postgres

From
"Fred Parkinson"
Date:
When I create a query in MS Access and execute via ODBC, is there a way to tell exactly what query is executed by
postgres?

When I create and execute a query in Access I get what I want, but when I run the same query at the pgsql command
promptI get syntax and 'function not found' errors.  Clearly Access is translating my query, but into what?

I have turned ODBC logging on but it doesn't seem to log the query sent to postgres.

Thanks

Fred

Re: Access query as executed by postgres

From
aklaver@comcast.net (Adrian Klaver)
Date:
From: "Fred Parkinson" <FredP@abag.ca.gov>
> When I create a query in MS Access and execute via ODBC, is there a way to tell
> exactly what query is executed by postgres?
>
> When I create and execute a query in Access I get what I want, but when I run
> the same query at the pgsql command prompt I get syntax and 'function not found'
> errors.  Clearly Access is translating my query, but into what?
>
> I have turned ODBC logging on but it doesn't seem to log the query sent to
> postgres.
>
> Thanks
>
> Fred

In postgresql.conf set:
log_statement = 'all'

This will log all statements sent to the server, assuming you have logging turned on.

--
Adrian Klaver
aklaver@comcast.net

Re: Access query as executed by postgres

From
"Richard Broersma"
Date:
On Wed, Jun 11, 2008 at 11:37 AM, Fred Parkinson <FredP@abag.ca.gov> wrote:
> I have turned ODBC logging on but it doesn't seem to log the query sent to postgres.

Here is what I like to do:

log_destination = 'stderr'
redirect_stderr = on

log_statement = 'all'

Richard Broersma Jr.

Visit the Los Angles PostgreSQL Users Group (LAPUG)
http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug