PG odbc - MSQuery

From
"Jeroen van 't Hart"
Date:
I'm having trouble using the pg odbc driver (v. 8.2.5) in MS Query.
When I'm trying to select a column I get:

ERROR: cross-database references are not implemented:
"database.public.table"; Error while executing the query.

I also tried a newer and an older version (v 8.3.1 & v8.2.2) which
results in:
ERROR: relation "public.table" does not exist; Error while executing the
query.

In other applications everything works fine.

Any idea's?

Regards,
Jeroen vt H

Re: PG odbc - MSQuery

From
"Richard Broersma"
Date:
On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Jeroen van 't Hart
<J.vantHart@arpa-intrabouw.nl> wrote:

>  ERROR: cross-database references are not implemented:
>  "database.public.table"; Error while executing the query.

Are you trying to join to tables from different databases?

>  I also tried a newer and an older version (v 8.3.1 & v8.2.2) which
>  results in:
>  ERROR: relation "public.table" does not exist; Error while executing the
>  query.

Most likely in this case your table is in a schema other than public.

Richard Broersma Jr.

Re: PG odbc - MSQuery

From
"Jeroen van 't Hart"
Date:
>On Tue, Mar 25, 2008 at 1:48 AM, Jeroen van 't Hart
<J.vantHart@arpa-intrabouw.nl> wrote:

>>  ERROR: cross-database references are not implemented:
>>  "database.public.table"; Error while executing the query.

>Are you trying to join to tables from different databases?

No, in this example I'm accessing one database and I'm trying to view
one column from one table.

>>  I also tried a newer and an older version (v 8.3.1 & v8.2.2) which
>> results in:
>>  ERROR: relation "public.table" does not exist; Error while executing

>> the  query.

>Most likely in this case your table is in a schema other than public.

I'm using only one schema, so unfortunately that isn't the problem