Feature request

From
"luiz"
Date:
Hi,

I´m access postgresql with Visual FoxPro 9.0 trough ODBC driver.
Vfp 9.0 have varchar data type but when retrieve data from postgresql,
actualy varchar(n) fields are returned as character(n).
Can this fields be returned as varchar(n) ?
ODBC can provide this feature, or this is a VFP behaviour that convert this
fields ?

Thanks in advance.

Luiz

--
Plan IT Tecnologia Informatica Ltda.

Re: Feature request

From
"Luiz K. Matsumura"
Date:
Ugh,
Replying my own question.
There are a setting to enable this feature in VFP.
Well, for the VFP developers the command is
cursorsetprop( "MapVarChar" , .T. , 0 )
That will enable to retrieve varchar as varchar field in the resultsets
of SqlExec() command.

Sorry by the inconvenience.

--
Luiz K. Matsumura