New Win32 ODBCng for PostgreSQL released

From
Andrei Kovalevski
Date:
Hello,

I just want to inform community, that Command Prompt Inc. released new
Win32 version for it's commercially supported PostgreSQL ODBC driver,
licensed under the GPL. It's available via

https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/attachment/wiki/Downloads

This version is stable and successfully passes all poco ODBC tests:

http://poco.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/poco/poco/trunk/Data/ODBC/testsuite

and most of the perl ODBC tests:

http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbd-odbc/trunk/

Andrei.

Re: New Win32 ODBCng for PostgreSQL released

From
Andrei Kovalevski
Date:
Andrei Kovalevski wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I just want to inform community, that Command Prompt Inc. released new
> Win32 version for it's commercially supported PostgreSQL ODBC driver,
> licensed under the GPL. It's available via
>

> https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/attachment/wiki/Downloads

Sorry, this link is correct:
    https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/wiki/Downloads

> This version is stable and successfully passes all poco ODBC tests:
>
> http://poco.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/poco/poco/trunk/Data/ODBC/testsuite
>

> and most of the perl ODBC tests:
>
> http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbd-odbc/trunk/
>
> Andrei.

>       match

Re: New Win32 ODBCng for PostgreSQL released

From
Martin Evans
Date:
Andrei Kovalevski wrote:
> Andrei Kovalevski wrote:
>> Hello,
>>
>> I just want to inform community, that Command Prompt Inc. released new
>> Win32 version for it's commercially supported PostgreSQL ODBC driver,
>> licensed under the GPL. It's available via
>>

>> https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/attachment/wiki/Downloads
>>

> Sorry, this link is correct:
>    https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/wiki/Downloads
>
>> This version is stable and successfully passes all poco ODBC tests:
>>
>> http://poco.svn.sourceforge.net/viewvc/poco/poco/trunk/Data/ODBC/testsuite
>>

>> and most of the perl ODBC tests:
>>
>> http://svn.perl.org/modules/dbd-odbc/trunk/
>>
>> Andrei.

You might want to look at the latest 2 bugs I reported in the postgres
ODBC driver as they relate to failures in DBD::ODBC tests. You may also
want to take a look at DBD::ODBC 1.14 (just released) as I made some
changes specifically for the Postgres ODBC driver.

Martin
--
Martin J. Evans
Easysoft Limited

Re: New Win32 ODBCng for PostgreSQL released

From
Rainer Bauer
Date:
Hello Andrei,

>Sorry, this link is correct:
>    https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/wiki/Downloads

Just out of curiosity: Why is the wiki only accesable through a secure
connection? It only slows down browsing...

And two other things concerning the commandprompt homepage:
* There is no link from the product page to the ODBCng driver.
* The latest PostgreSQL release is 8.2.4 not 8.2.1 like it says on the
"PostgreSQL Core" product page.

Rainer

Re: New Win32 ODBCng for PostgreSQL released

From
"Joshua D. Drake"
Date:
Rainer Bauer wrote:
> Hello Andrei,
>
>> Sorry, this link is correct:
>>    https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/wiki/Downloads
>
> Just out of curiosity: Why is the wiki only accesable through a secure
> connection? It only slows down browsing...

Customer request.

> And two other things concerning the commandprompt homepage:
> * There is no link from the product page to the ODBCng driver.

We consider it a community project:

http://www.commandprompt.com/community

> * The latest PostgreSQL release is 8.2.4 not 8.2.1 like it says on the
> "PostgreSQL Core" product page.

Thanks, we will get that fixed.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: New Win32 ODBCng for PostgreSQL released

From
Dave Page
Date:
Joshua D. Drake wrote:
> Rainer Bauer wrote:
>> Hello Andrei,
>>
>>> Sorry, this link is correct:
>>>    https://projects.commandprompt.com/public/odbcng/wiki/Downloads
>>
>> Just out of curiosity: Why is the wiki only accesable through a secure
>> connection? It only slows down browsing...
>
> Customer request.
>

>> And two other things concerning the commandprompt homepage:
>> * There is no link from the product page to the ODBCng driver.
>
> We consider it a community project:

Don't those two answers kinda contradict each other?

/D

Dave Page wrote:
> Joshua D. Drake wrote:
>> Rainer Bauer wrote:
>>> Hello Andrei,

>>> Just out of curiosity: Why is the wiki only accesable through a secure
>>> connection? It only slows down browsing...
>> Customer request.
>>
>>> And two other things concerning the commandprompt homepage:
>>> * There is no link from the product page to the ODBCng driver.
>> We consider it a community project:
>
> Don't those two answers kinda contradict each other?

How is that? A community project that is commercially supported can't
have customers? Well then, EDB and CMD should probably close up shop.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: New Win32 ODBCng for PostgreSQL released

From
"Dave Page"

<shrug> No - just seems odd to have a customer request determining the (unusual) config of a community project site.

/D

Dave Page wrote:

>>> Don't those two answers kinda contradict each other?
>> How is that? A community project that is commercially supported can't
>> have customers? Well then, EDB and CMD should probably close up shop.
>
> <shrug> No - just seems odd to have a customer request determining the (unusual) config of a community project site.

It is not unusual to have ssl configured for anything that may pass a
password. :)

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/

Re: New Win32 ODBCng for PostgreSQL released

From
"Dave Page"

Fairly unusual to need a login to download FOSS though! :-)

(and yes, I have realised that you're just reusing an existing wiki)

/D

Dave Page wrote:

> [...]

You don't :). You need one to submit tickets or edit the wiki.

Joshua D. Drake

              http://www.commandprompt.com/