[psqlODBC 08.02.0400] Cannot build with VS2005 SP1

From
Rainer Bauer
Date:
Hi,

I was having a small problem with the official 08.02.0400 release and wanted
to fix it myself. However, when trying to load the project into VS2005
Professional SP1, I get the following error:

Project file could not be loaded.
The project is either missing from disk or access was denied.
Reason: The project file or web has been moved, renamed or is not on your
computer.

I have installed Postgres 8.2.4 with the include files and also OpenSSL
0.9.8e. Both are installed in the standard directories (C:\OpenSSL and
C:\Program Files\PostgreSQL\8.2). The psqlodbc source tree is located on an
different drive, but that should not matter, should it?

Does anyone know what I have to do?

Rainer

PS: I wanted to use 08.02.0402 from
<http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/>, but I stopped trying that,
because I could not find the source code for that version. Also, with this
driver SQLDriverConnect() fails with the following error:
"<1> {IM005}(0) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed"

Re: [psqlODBC 08.02.0400] Cannot build with VS2005 SP1

From
Hiroshi Inoue
Date:
Rainer Bauer wrote:
> Hi,

<snip>

> Rainer
>
> PS: I wanted to use 08.02.0402 from
> <http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/>, but I stopped trying that,
> because I could not find the source code for that version. Also, with this
> driver SQLDriverConnect() fails with the following error:
> "<1> {IM005}(0) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
> SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed"

Could you send me directly the ODBC trace log and/or the Mylog output ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Date:
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

>> PS: I wanted to use 08.02.0402 from
>> <http://www.geocities.jp/inocchichichi/psqlodbc/>, but I stopped trying that,
>> because I could not find the source code for that version. Also, with this
>> driver SQLDriverConnect() fails with the following error:
>> "<1> {IM005}(0) [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manager] Driver's SQLAllocHandle on
>> SQL_HANDLE_DBC failed"
>
>Could you send me directly the ODBC trace log and/or the Mylog output ?

Did you get it?

Rainer

I wrote:

>I was having a small problem with the official 08.02.0400 release and wanted
>to fix it myself. However, when trying to load the project into VS2005
>Professional SP1, I get the following error:
>
>Project file could not be loaded.
>The project is either missing from disk or access was denied.
>Reason: The project file or web has been moved, renamed or is not on your
>computer.

I found out what is wrong: there is a file missing in the source tar balls,
namely "psqlodbc.vcproj". After downloading it from the online repository I
could open the project.

Shouldn't that file be included?

Rainer