How to pass information back to client

From
"Chris Hoover"
Date:
Is there anyway in PostgreSQL to have a function pass information back to the client via the ODBC driver?

I would like to have some of my trigger functions and regular functions be able to pass specific error messages back to the client.  Is this possible?  If so, how do you do it.  If not, is it a planned enhancement?

Thanks,

Chris

Re: How to pass information back to client

From
Richard Broersma Jr
Date:
> Is there anyway in PostgreSQL to have a function pass information back to
> the client via the ODBC driver?
>
> I would like to have some of my trigger functions and regular functions be
> able to pass specific error messages back to the client.  Is this possible?
> If so, how do you do it.  If not, is it a planned enhancement?

Raising and error or notice doesn't work?
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.2/interactive/plpgsql-errors-and-messages.html

Regards,

Richard Broersma Jr.