-- New to read from Oracle and insert into Postgress --

From
Rafael Orta
Date:
Hello Everybody

I am new to postgress, I am need to be able to do
a select from an Oracle table from postgres and insert the
same information into postgres.

Sort of "insert into postgres values select from oracle"

Is there any way I can do this from postgres? any free plugs ins or
something that allows me to read Oracle tables from postgres?

Thanks in advance

Rafael Orta

Rafael Orta Phone: (609)-330-3193
Sr. Oracle DBA Fax: (856)-642-7679
Technical Manager
Oraprofessionals Email: rorta_us@yahoo.com

Re: [NOVICE] -- New to read from Oracle and insert into Postgress

From
Sean Davis
Date:
Rafael Orta wrote:
> Hello Everybody
>
> I am new to postgress, I am need to be able to do
> a select from an Oracle table from postgres and insert the
> same information into postgres.
>
> Sort of "insert into postgres values select from oracle"
>
> Is there any way I can do this from postgres? any free plugs ins or
> something that allows me to read Oracle tables from postgres?
http://pgfoundry.org/projects/dbi-link/

Just what you need.