SQLCODE when using psqlODBC with libODBC++

From
"Jonathan Blitz"

I am using PostgreSQL version 8 with psqlODBC as the ODBC driver.

I am writing programs in C++ and using libODBC++ for the C++ interface.

Everything works great except:

When I get an SQL error it returns SQLCODE of 7 and SQLSTATE of “HY000” every time.

The only correct value is the SQLERRM.

I am probably doing something stupid but I couldn’t find anything anywhere about it.

Jonathan Blitz

Re: SQLCODE when using psqlODBC with libODBC++

From
Ludek Finstrle
Date:
> I am using PostgreSQL version 8 with psqlODBC as the ODBC driver.

You specify no psqlODBC version. Older versions have this bad behaviour.
So if I use my crystal ball I see there only upgrade advice.

> Everything works great except:
>
> When I get an SQL error it returns SQLCODE of 7 and SQLSTATE of “HY000”
> every time.

Regards,

Luf

Re: SQLCODE when using psqlODBC with libODBC++

From
"Jonathan Blitz"

> You specify no psqlODBC version. Older versions have this bad behaviour.
> So if I use my crystal ball I see there only upgrade advice.

I am using version 0.2.4pre3. Dated Sept 2005.
I downloaded it from sourceforg.net

Is there a newer version?

Jonathan

Date:
Fri, May 19, 2006 at 12:23:59PM +0200, Jonathan Blitz napsal(a):
> > You specify no psqlODBC version. Older versions have this bad behaviour.
> > So if I use my crystal ball I see there only upgrade advice.
>
> I am using version 0.2.4pre3. Dated Sept 2005.
> I downloaded it from sourceforg.net
>
> Is there a newer version?

From where? This list is for psqlodbc from pgfoundry.org. The latest
version is 08.02.0002.
Are we talking both about psqlodbc? Could you send the URL for sf.net
project (I try to locate it with no success)?

Please try the newest psqlodbc from pgfoundry.org.

Regards,

Luf

Re: SQLCODE when using psqlODBC with libODBC++

From
"Jonathan Blitz"

Oops.
I am totally confused. I thought u asked for the version of libODBC++.

I am now totally lost.
I am new to accessing PostgreSQL from C++.

I already had PostgreSQL installed with the ODBC driver since I use it for
another program (Poker Tracker).

I wanted to write a C++ program to access the same database so I used
libODBC++ to issue the commands from within C++.

I am probably doing something wrong.

When I look at the ODBC connection for the database I see that I have a
choice of 3 drivers:

PostgreSQL                            - version 8.02.00.02
PostgreSQL ANSI    - version 8.01.02.00
PostgreSQL Unicode    - version 8.01.02.00

The first one is the one selected.

Jonathan