ADO operations

From
"SAFAK CIRAG"
Date:
Hi,
I'm using psqlodbc-08_01_0200. I created a database with UTF-8 encoding. While inserting,updating or deleting a record, PostgreSQL Unicode Driver
returns an error : "Insufficient base table information for updating or refreshing". Before creating the database with UTF-8 encoding, i was using a database with ANSI encoding and driver as PostgreSQL ANSI. There is nothing wrong with ANSI side. DNSless connection string is the following:

"Driver={PostgreSQL Unicode};SERVER=localhost;PORT=5432;DATABASE=ncpgdb;UID=postgres;PWD=*******;
 BI=4;BoolsAsChar=1;ByteaAsLongVarBinary=1;CancelAsFreeStmt=0;CommLog=0;Debug=0;
 DisallowPremature=0;ExtraSysTablePrefixes=dd_;FakeOidIndex=0;
 Fetch=100;Ksqo=1;LFConversion=1;LowerCaseIdentifier=0;MaxLongVarcharSize=8190;MaxVarcharSize=254;
 protocol=6.4;ReadOnly=0;RowVersioning=0;ShowOidColumn=0;ShowSystemTables=0;SSLmode=prefer;
 Optimizer=1;Parse=0;protocol=6.4;ReadOnly=0;RowVersioning=0;ShowOidColumn=0;ShowSystemTables=0;SSLmode=prefer;
 TextAsLongVarchar=1;TrueIsMinus1=0;UniqueIndex=1;UnknownsAsLongVarchar=0;UnknownSizes=0;
 UpdatableCursors=0;UseDeclareFetch=1;UseServerSidePrepare=0"

Should i change connection string parameters in order not to get the error("Insufficient base...")?

Re: ADO operations

From
Ludek Finstrle
Date:
> I'm using psqlodbc-08_01_0200. I created a database with UTF-8
> encoding. While inserting,updating or deleting a record,
> PostgreSQL Unicode Driver

Do you mean you use UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE SQL statements?
Are you able to do this with psql or pgAdmin client?

> returns an error : "Insufficient base table information for
> updating or refreshing". Before creating the database with UTF-8

Please send us the mylog output with the problem.

Regards,

Luf

Re: ADO operations

From
Ludek Finstrle
Date:
> > returns an error : "Insufficient base table information for
> > updating or refreshing". Before creating the database with UTF-8
>
> Please send us the mylog output with the problem.

Could you try to enable Parse Statements option? Does it help?

BTW the log you sent me is long. Could you post the problemateic query?
I see no error but there could be another problem. If you send me
the query I can locate the problematic part better.

Thanks,

Luf

Re: ADO operations

From
"Jamal Mazrui"
Date:
This error can be caused by using the adCmdTableDirect constant as the
last parameter of the Open method of a record set object.   Try using
AdCmdTable instead.  Also, such errors are reduced if adUseClient is
used as the cursor location instead of adUseServer.

Hope this helps,
Jamal

> I'm using psqlodbc-08_01_0200. I created a database with UTF-8
> encoding. While inserting,updating or deleting a record,
> PostgreSQL Unicode Driver

Do you mean you use UPDATE, INSERT and DELETE SQL statements?
Are you able to do this with psql or pgAdmin client?

> returns an error : "Insufficient base table information for
> updating or refreshing". Before creating the database with UTF-8

Please send us the mylog output with the problem.

Regards,

Luf

TIP 2: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster