Where to get the latest source for Linux

From
Kathy Lo
Date:
Hi,

I found that many people talked about the memory leakage problem in
psql odbc and somebody modified the source code to solve memory
leakage problem.

Now, I am using psqlodbc-08.01.0101 (download from ftp) on Linux. Does
this version of odbc driver use the modified source code?

If not, How and Where can I download the latest source code of psql
odbc driver for Linux Redhat 9.0?

Thanks

--
Kathy Lo

Re: Where to get the latest source for Linux

From
Ludek Finstrle
Date:
Hello

> I found that many people talked about the memory leakage problem in
> psql odbc and somebody modified the source code to solve memory
> leakage problem.
>
> Now, I am using psqlodbc-08.01.0101 (download from ftp) on Linux. Does
> this version of odbc driver use the modified source code?

I'm sorry I don't know about which memory leaks are you talking.
I recomend you to search in mailing list archive.

> If not, How and Where can I download the latest source code of psql
> odbc driver for Linux Redhat 9.0?

You can find the latest source code in CVS repository on pgfoundry.org.
There is psqlODBC main page on pgfoundry.org. You can find there release
versions and development snapshots.

Regards,

Luf

Date:
On 12/9/05, Ludek Finstrle <luf@pzkagis.cz> wrote:
> Hello
>
> > I found that many people talked about the memory leakage problem in
> > psql odbc and somebody modified the source code to solve memory
> > leakage problem.
> >
> > Now, I am using psqlodbc-08.01.0101 (download from ftp) on Linux. Does
> > this version of odbc driver use the modified source code?
>
> I'm sorry I don't know about which memory leaks are you talking.
> I recomend you to search in mailing list archive.
>
> > If not, How and Where can I download the latest source code of psql
> > odbc driver for Linux Redhat 9.0?
>
> You can find the latest source code in CVS repository on pgfoundry.org.
> There is psqlODBC main page on pgfoundry.org. You can find there release
> versions and development snapshots.
>
> Regards,
>
> Luf

Are the first 2 digit in the version of psqlodbc driver means the
version of Postgresql that the odbc driver support?

I am using Postgresql 8.0.3, which release version of psqlodbc driver
source code for Linux I should you?

--

Date:
> > > If not, How and Where can I download the latest source code of psql
> > > odbc driver for Linux Redhat 9.0?
> >
> > You can find the latest source code in CVS repository on pgfoundry.org.
> > There is psqlODBC main page on pgfoundry.org. You can find there release
> > versions and development snapshots.
>
> Are the first 2 digit in the version of psqlodbc driver means the
> version of Postgresql that the odbc driver support?

Yes and no :-) First 2 digit is againist confusion. Users asked when
will be released ODBC for PgSQL X.Y. So first 2 digist follows
PgSQL numbering. But psqlODBC keeps a little bit back compatibility.
You can compile psqlODBC 8.01.XXXX againist PgSQL 8.0 with no problems.

You can also compile psqlODBC 8.01.XXXX againist PgSQL 8.1 source code
and this compiled psqlODBC you can run againist PgSQL 8.0, 7.4, 7.3 and
maybe older releases of PgSQL.

There are known problems of compiling psqlODBC 8.01.XXXX againist PgSQL 7.4
and older. There are some unofficial patches to solve this problems.

> I am using Postgresql 8.0.3, which release version of psqlodbc driver
> source code for Linux I should you?

I recommended you to use latest stable release. Source code is located
here:
http://www.postgresql.org/ftp/odbc/versions/src/

Regards,

Luf