odbc.sql?

From
Palle Girgensohn
Date:
Hi!

The file odbc.sql, previously in src/interfaces but removed after 7.2 and
moved to gborg, is it still needed if a PostgreSQL server is to be
compliant with ODBC in some respect? Do I need to run it on databases (or
template1) if want, say, Windows machines connect using ODBC to a
PostgreSQL server on unix?

If so, isn't the file really tucked away too deeply - IMO it is not part of
the odbc client code, or at least it should also be distributed with the
more used psqlODBC project, right?

<http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbcplus/cvs/co.php/psqlodbcplus/odbc.sql?r=1.1.1.1>

Regards,
Palle

PS. Anybody knows why the gborg site is always so *extremely* slow, esp the
webcvs? DS

Re: odbc.sql?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Palle Girgensohn wrote:
> If so, isn't the file really tucked away too deeply - IMO it is not
> part of the odbc client code, or at least it should also be
> distributed with the more used psqlODBC project, right?

It is distributed with psqlODBC.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: odbc.sql?

From
Peter Eisentraut
Date:
Am Donnerstag, 3. Februar 2005 09:58 schrieb Palle Girgensohn:
> > It is distributed with psqlODBC.
>
> Well, maybe it is, but then how come it's not in the cvs repository?

Because it has been removed in the CVS head.

--
Peter Eisentraut

Re: odbc.sql?

From
Palle Girgensohn
Date:
--On torsdag, februari 03, 2005 07.53.48 +0100 Peter Eisentraut
<peter_e@gmx.net> wrote:

> Palle Girgensohn wrote:
>> If so, isn't the file really tucked away too deeply - IMO it is not
>> part of the odbc client code, or at least it should also be
>> distributed with the more used psqlODBC project, right?
>
> It is distributed with psqlODBC.

Well, maybe it is, but then how come it's not in the cvs repository?

/Palle

Re: odbc.sql?

From
"Dave Page"

It is in the CVS repository. The last log on it reads:

1.8 by petere
Sat Jul 17 22:01:07 2004 (6 months, 2 weeks ago)
Some bug fixes in the function mapping table in convert.c. Removed
odbc.sql, because convert.c does its job.

(http://gborg.postgresql.org/project/psqlodbc/cvs/cvs.php/psqlodbc/Attic
/odbc.sql?sa=1)

Regards, Dave.