Timestamp Error

From
Keith Gray

We have moved from 7.1 to 7.2 and get the following error when
extracting dates.

Bad timestamp external representation ' '

eg. INSERT INTO mytable VALUES('1', '2001-09-24')

--

Keith Gray
Technical Services Manager

Re: Timestamp Error

From
Hiroshi Inoue
Date:
Keith Gray wrote:

> We have moved from 7.1 to 7.2 and get the following error when
> extracting dates.
>
> Bad timestamp external representation ' '
>
> eg. INSERT INTO mytable VALUES('1', '2001-09-24')

How do you call the above command concretely ?
For example what kind of software are you using ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/

Re: Timestamp Error

From
Keith Gray
Date:
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

>>We have moved from 7.1 to 7.2
>>
>>Bad timestamp external representation ' '
>>
>>eg. INSERT INTO mytable VALUES('1', '2001-09-24')

> How do you call the above command concretely ?
> For example what kind of software are you using ?

Hi Hiroshi,

We are using VB6 ADO, but have also tested it
with ipgsql.

It may be a PG-7.2 issue rather than ODBC.

--

Date:
Hiroshi Inoue wrote:

>>We have moved from 7.1 to 7.2
>>Bad timestamp external representation ' '

VB6 ADO

ThisValue is a string like '2001-03-30' (*note non-US)

Select Case fldField.Type
  Case adDate, adDBDate, adDBTime, adDBTimeStamp
  If IsDate(ThisValue) Then
    fldField.Value = CDate(ThisValue)
  End If

The above was working with 7.1

Sorry, ipgsql works OK.
Have tested with pgAdmin2 no problems, but doesn't
show time portion of datetime (timestamp)