datetime and ODBC driver

From
"Ben Trewern"
Date:
It looks as if the datetime data type has been removed from Postgres 7.3 but
has not been removed from the ODBC driver.  I was tying to export a table
from Access via ODBC to a Postgres 7.3Beta1 box and got the error message:
'Type "datetime" does not exist'.

I'm using psqlODBC version 7.02.00.02 and Access 97.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ben Trewern

Re: datetime and ODBC driver

From
Hiroshi Inoue
Date:
Ben Trewern wrote:

> It looks as if the datetime data type has been removed from
> Postgres 7.3 but has not been removed from the ODBC driver.
> I was tying to export a table from Access via ODBC to a Postgres
> 7.3Beta1 box and got the error message:
> 'Type "datetime" does not exist'.

Could you try the snapshot dll at http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/ ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/

Re: datetime and ODBC driver

From
"Ben Trewern"
Date:
Thanks for the reply.  I've downloaded your new dll (version 7.02.00.03) and
copied it over the original but I still get the same error message.

Any other thoughts would be appreciated.

Regards,

Ben

>From: Hiroshi Inoue <Inoue@tpf.co.jp>
>To: Ben Trewern <ben_trewern@hotmail.com>
>CC: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ODBC] datetime and ODBC driver
>Date: Tue, 17 Sep 2002 18:45:38 +0900
>
>Ben Trewern wrote:
> >
> > It looks as if the datetime data type has been removed from
> > Postgres 7.3 but has not been removed from the ODBC driver.
> > I was tying to export a table from Access via ODBC to a Postgres
> > 7.3Beta1 box and got the error message:
> > 'Type "datetime" does not exist'.
>
>Could you try the snapshot dll at http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/ ?
>
>regards,
>Hiroshi Inoue
>    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/

Re: datetime and ODBC driver

From
"Hiroshi Inoue"
Date:

Hmm seems to work here.
Could you tell me the description of the Access table ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

Re: datetime and ODBC driver

From
"Ben Trewern"
Date:
I seem to get the same error if ever I try to export any table with a
date/time field.

I'm not at work at the moment but i seem to remember three different
versions of the driver.  I used the first in the list.  I'll try the other
two on Monday.

Regards,

Ben

>From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp>
>To: "Ben Trewern" <ben_trewern@hotmail.com>
>CC: <pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org>
>Subject: Re: [ODBC] datetime and ODBC driver
>Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:44:47 +0900

Re: datetime and ODBC driver

From
"Ben Trewern"
Date:
Hi,

This is the first time I've had chance to try this and I still get the same
problem.  In the logs I get the following:

2002-09-30 15:23:48 ERROR:  Relation "msysconf" does not exist
2002-09-30 15:23:48 LOG:  statement: SELECT Config, nValue FROM MSysConf
2002-09-30 15:23:49 ERROR:  Type "datetime" does not exist
2002-09-30 15:23:49 LOG:  statement: CREATE TABLE "Labour"("Id"
int4,"WeekEnding" datetime,"EmployeeID" int4,"LabourRate" float8)

Is msysconf the problem?  I've looked in the the access help file and it
doesn't seem to relate.  I just wondered.

Thanks for any help

Regards,

Ben

>From: "Ben Trewern" <ben_trewern@hotmail.com>
>To: Inoue@tpf.co.jp
>CC: pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ODBC] datetime and ODBC driver
>Date: Sat, 21 Sep 2002 18:46:06 +0100
>
>I seem to get the same error if ever I try to export any table with a
>date/time field.
>
>I'm not at work at the moment but i seem to remember three different
>versions of the driver.  I used the first in the list.  I'll try the other
>two on Monday.
>
>Regards,
>
>Ben
>
>>From: "Hiroshi Inoue" <Inoue@tpf.co.jp>
>>To: "Ben Trewern" <ben_trewern@hotmail.com>
>>CC: <pgsql-odbc@postgresql.org>
>>Subject: Re: [ODBC] datetime and ODBC driver
>>Date: Sun, 22 Sep 2002 01:44:47 +0900

Re: datetime and ODBC driver

From
Hiroshi Inoue
Date:
Ben Trewern wrote:

> Hi,
>
> This is the first time I've had chance to try this and I still get the same
> problem.  In the logs I get the following:
>
> 2002-09-30 15:23:48 ERROR:  Relation "msysconf" does not exist
> 2002-09-30 15:23:48 LOG:  statement: SELECT Config, nValue FROM MSysConf
> 2002-09-30 15:23:49 ERROR:  Type "datetime" does not exist
> 2002-09-30 15:23:49 LOG:  statement: CREATE TABLE "Labour"("Id"
> int4,"WeekEnding" datetime,"EmployeeID" int4,"LabourRate" float8)
>
> Is msysconf the problem?  I've looked in the the access help file and it
> doesn't seem to relate.  I just wondered.

Could you send me the Mylog output ?

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue
    http://w2422.nsk.ne.jp/~inoue/