Access Bound Checkbox error for boolean field

From
Randall Perry
Date:
Am getting the following error with a bound checkbox field in Access 2000
when I try to toggle it:

'field is too small to accept the amount of data you are trying to enter'

Anyone know the fix?

--
Randy Perry
sysTame

phn                 561.589.6449
mobile email        help@systame.com

Re: Access Bound Checkbox error for boolean field

From
Randall Perry
Date:
on 10/29/01 8:59 PM, Randall Perry at rgp@systame.com wrote:

> Am getting the following error with a bound checkbox field in Access 2000
> when I try to toggle it:
>
> 'field is too small to accept the amount of data you are trying to enter'
>
> Anyone know the fix?

Actually, it's Access XP, and the reason for the error is that my PgSQL
boolean field is being mapped to a TEXT field in Access.

How do I fix this? Or do I?

--
Randy Perry
sysTame
Mac Consulting/Sales

phn                 561.589.6449
mobile email        help@systame.com

Re: Access Bound Checkbox error for boolean field

From
"Ryan C. Bonham"
Date:
Randy,

Under the Advance Options for the ODBC Drivers do you have 'Bools as Char'
Checked? If so uncheck it.

Ryan

Date:
on 10/30/01 1:46 PM, Ryan C. Bonham at Ryan@srfarms.com wrote:

> Randy,
>
> Under the Advance Options for the ODBC Drivers do you have 'Bools as Char'
> Checked? If so uncheck it.
>
> Ryan

That was it. Thanks, was tearing what little hair I have out over that one.

The only setting I changed in the PgSQL ODBC driver was 'Read Only'. I guess
'Bools as Char' is a default.

Any other ODBC driver settings I should know about?