ODBC Questions

From
"Edward Grabczewski"

I have a few questions about the v7.1 ODBC driver:

1. What ODBC "Level" does this driver support?

2. Is there a full list of data types supported anywhere?

Also, is there a definitive list of data type mappings between MS Access and Postgres?

3. Could you supply me with some information or an example of how to use the "lo" (large object) type mentioned and defined in your FAQ. I'd like to store an LOB in Postgres and access it in say, Excel. An image would be a good example.

many thanks

Re: ODBC Questions

From
Joel Burton
Date:
On Thu, 18 Oct 2001, Edward Grabczewski wrote:

> Also, is there a definitive list of data type mappings between MS Access and Postgres?
>
> 3. Could you supply me with some information or an example of how to
> use the "lo" (large object) type mentioned and defined in your FAQ.
> I'd like to store an LOB in Postgres and access it in say, Excel. An
> image would be a good example.

A good start of a FAQ at http://joelburton.com/resources/pgaccess
Covers using lo w/ODBC and Access <-> PG.

--

Joel BURTON  |  joel@joelburton.com  |  joelburton.com  |  aim: wjoelburton
Independent Knowledge Management Consultant