Feature request -> autoreconnect.

From
Dariusz Pietrzak
Date:
Hello,
 I recently had to restard postgres, and then every application
that was connected to it via odbc got disconnected (obviously)
Problem was that whole apps needed to be restarted to reconnect
to database, it would be nice if driver would return an error and
then try to reconnect ?

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Certified Nobody

Re: Feature request -> autoreconnect.

From
Cedar Cox
Date:
It sounds to me more like a feature request for the app rather than for
the driver..  I don't think it's actually possible... The app would still
somehow have to know how to handle the reconnect.  For example, what if
the app was in the middle of a transaction?

-Cedar

Date:
> somehow have to know how to handle the reconnect.  For example, what if
> the app was in the middle of a transaction?
It gets error message, transaction is aborted.
What I want is that would be possible to start another transaction without
restarting whole app.

--
Dariusz Pietrzak
Certified Nobody