Can't start PostgreSQL service on Windows and it's quite urgent

From
mnts
Date:
Well i'm new with postgre and dont know much, so i cant figure out this
problem by myself. Though it might be easy for someone knowing.

The problem is my postgre sevice dont start giving me
*FATAL:  900 is outside the valid range for parameter
"autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor" (0 .. 100)*

I'm using Win 2008R2 server, and all was OK before today, though i tried
some tweaks changing shared_buffers, effective_cache_size and some other
from RESOURCE USAGE group.
I'm tried to disable autovacuum and track_counts but it didnt do a thing.

Even some vague directions may help.

Re: Can't start PostgreSQL service on Windows and it's quite urgent

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
mnts schrieb am 31.01.2016 um 12:56:
> Well i'm new with postgre and dont know much, so i cant figure out this
> problem by myself. Though it might be easy for someone knowing.
>
> The problem is my postgre sevice dont start giving me
> *FATAL:  900 is outside the valid range for parameter
> "autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor" (0 .. 100)*
>
> I'm using Win 2008R2 server, and all was OK before today, though i tried
> some tweaks changing shared_buffers, effective_cache_size and some other
> from RESOURCE USAGE group.
> I'm tried to disable autovacuum and track_counts but it didnt do a thing.

The error message is pretty obvious

> The problem is my postgre sevice dont start giving me
> *FATAL:  900 is outside the valid range for parameter
> "autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor" (0 .. 100)*

is pretty obvious.

You have changed postgresql.conf with a value for autovacuum_analyze_scale_factor that is invalid.

Change that value back (the default is 0.1) and you should be able to start the service again (unless you have changed
otherconfiguration properties to an invalid value as well)

Thomas

P.S.: it's Postgres, not Postgre

Re: Can't start PostgreSQL service on Windows and it's quite urgent

From
mnts
Date:
Found the reason by myself - different conf file in different location than
the default one =\

Re: Can't start PostgreSQL service on Windows and it's quite urgent

From
mnts
Date:
Thank you for the answer, but already found out the reason (: