psql readline Tab insert tab

From
"Hans Ginzel"
Date:
Hello,

how to make psql (readline) to insert tab when Tab is pressed? E.g. for
pasting. I know, there is -n option. But then the history is not
accessible.

I have tried
$if psql
  Control-I: "\t"
  Control-A: complete
$endif
in my ~/.inputrc. But when I press Tab psql freezes until I press Ctrl+C.

Regards
HG

Re: psql readline Tab insert tab

From
Albe Laurenz
Date:
Hans Ginzel wrote:
> how to make psql (readline) to insert tab when Tab is pressed? E.g. for
> pasting. I know, there is -n option. But then the history is not
> accessible.
>
> I have tried
> $if psql
>   Control-I: "\t"
>   Control-A: complete
> $endif
> in my ~/.inputrc. But when I press Tab psql freezes until I press Ctrl+C.

Probably an endless loop.

It could be done by adding the following lines to your ~/.inputrc file:

$if Psql
TAB: tab-insert
$endif

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Date:
> Hans Ginzel wrote:
>> how to make psql (readline) to insert tab when Tab is pressed? E.g. for
>> pasting. I know, there is -n option. But then the history is not
>> accessible.
>>
>> I have tried
>> $if psql
>>   Control-I: "\t"
>>   Control-A: complete
>> $endif
>> in my ~/.inputrc. But when I press Tab psql freezes until I press
>> Ctrl+C.
>
> Probably an endless loop.
>
> It could be done by adding the following lines to your ~/.inputrc file:
>
> $if Psql
> TAB: tab-insert
> $endif

Great! Thank you very much. Could this be added as note to the -n option
of the page http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html,
please?

Regards
Hans

Re: psql readline Tab insert tab

From
Hans Ginzel

how to make psql (readline) to insert tab when Tab is pressed? E.g. for pasting. I know, there is -n option. But then the history is not accessible. I have tried $if psql Control-I: "\t" Control-A: complete $endif in my ~/.inputrc. But when I press Tab psql freezes until I press Ctrl+C.
Probably an endless loop. It could be done by adding the following lines to your ~/.inputrc file: $if Psql TAB: tab-insert $endif
Great! Thank you very much. Could this be added as note to the -n option
of the page http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/app-psql.html,
please?

And/or could there be added an option \pset paste like :set paste/nopaste in Vim, please?
http://vimdoc.sourceforge.net/htmldoc/options.html#%27paste%27
Regards Hans