Using postgreSQL in our clinic

From
john kaabi
Date:
i want to develop a program using c#.net , and this program will be used internally in our governmental clinic , our clinic provide treatment for free for the public . can i use PostgreSQL (A) freely and (b) without giving away the source code ?
thankx

Re: Using postgreSQL in our clinic

From
Felipe Santos
Date:
As of my understanding, if you are not embedding Postgresql in your solution and then selling it, you are not infringing any copyright by using Postgresql in your architecture, and so you are entitled to use it freely (A) and without having to share your source code (B).

Date:
On Thu, Apr 30, 2015 at 09:02:03AM -0300, Felipe Santos wrote:
> As of my understanding, if you are not embedding Postgresql in your solution
> and then selling it, you are not infringing any copyright by using Postgresql
> in your architecture, and so you are entitled to use it freely (A) and without
> having to share your source code (B).

They can also embed it and sell it too, and not give away the source
code.

  + Everyone has their own god. +

Re: Using postgreSQL in our clinic

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Felipe Santos schrieb am 30.04.2015 um 14:02:
> As of my understanding, if you are not embedding Postgresql in your solution and then selling it,
> you are not infringing any copyright by using Postgresql in your architecture, and so you are entitled
> to use it freely (A) and without having to share your source code (B).

Even if he _was_ selling a (close source) software that embedds Postgres, this woould be allowed by the Postgres
license.

In a nutshell the Postgres license lets you do with it, whatever you want.