mysql with postgres

From
Ravi Kiran
Date:
hi all,

Is postgres source code compatible with mysql database?? If it is, could someone could give me some links so that I can do that.

I want to hack into the postgres source code, but as I am comfortable with mysql, I want to use the mysql database not postgres.

any references would be fine.

thank you

Re: mysql with postgres

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Ravi Kiran wrote on 23.12.2014 10:37:

> Is postgres source code compatible with mysql database??
>If it is, could someone could give me some links so that I can do that.
>
> I want to hack into the postgres source code, but as I am comfortable with mysql,
>I want to use the mysql database not postgres.

No. The two are *very* different. In terms of features and in how they are implemented

If you want to "hack" the Postgres source you *have* to understand Postgres and its source code.