gdb

From
Ravi Kiran
Date:
hi,

how do we attach a gdb to a running postgres service in eclipse, I am executing a program in eclipse, I gave some break points in that, but the control goes to main.c and never comes back. how do we make sure that the query we execute logically touches the break points.

Thank you

Re: gdb

Date:
Ravi Kiran <ravi.kolanpaka@gmail.com> writes:
> how do we attach a gdb to a running postgres service in eclipse, I am
> executing a program in eclipse, I gave some break points in that, but the
> control goes to main.c and never comes back. how do we make sure that the
> query we execute logically touches the break points.

I think perhaps you attached to the wrong subprocess.  I'm not an eclipse
user, but there are some hints here:

https://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Working_with_Eclipse#Debugging_with_child_processes

If you're not too sure which child process is serving your session, try
doing "select pg_backend_pid();".

            regards, tom lane