PostgreSQL 9.3 Error when trying to run Create Extension postgis

From
DFE
Date:
As reported in [1] there is an error during the postgis2.1 extension installation.

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18768644/error-when-trying-to-run-create-extension-postgis

Regards,
Domenico

Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 Error when trying to run Create Extension postgis

From
Albe Laurenz
Date:
________________________________
DFE wrote:

> As reported in [1] there is an error during the postgis2.1 extension installation.
>
> [1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18768644/error-when-trying-to-run-create-extension-postgis

Does the file exist that the error message complains about?
Can you open it with a text editor as PostgreSQL OS user?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 Error when trying to run Create Extension postgis

From
DFE

the file does not exist.
BR

Il giorno 13/set/2013 20:37, "Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.albe@wien.gv.at> ha scritto:

________________________________

DFE wrote:
>>> As reported in [1] there is an error during the postgis2.1 extension installation.
>>>
>>> [1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18768644/error-when-trying-to-run-create-extension-postgis

>> Does the file exist that the error message complains about?
>> Can you open it with a text editor as PostgreSQL OS user?

> the file does not exist.

You should probably complain to the packager of the PostGIS package.

What do you get for
  rpm -ql postgis2_93

Yours,
Laurenz Albe

Re: PostgreSQL 9.3 Error when trying to run Create Extension postgis

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:
Hi,

On Fri, 2013-09-13 at 17:02 +0200, DFE wrote:
> As reported in [1] there is an error during the postgis2.1 extension
> installation.
>
> [1]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18768644/error-when-trying-to-run-create-extension-postgis

Yeah, this is a known packaging issue. We hope to release an update
later this week. This affects RHEL 6 only.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Date:
Hi,

On Fri, 2013-09-13 at 17:02 +0200, DFE wrote:
> As reported in [1] there is an error during the postgis2.1 extension
> installation.
>
> [1]
> http://stackoverflow.com/questions/18768644/error-when-trying-to-run-create-extension-postgis

Updated packages will be in the repo in the next hour or so. Apologies
for the inconvenience.

Devrim GÜNDÜZ