query on a table with an int and a vector of floating point numbers

From
Victor Whiskey Yankee
Date:
Hello,
I have  table that contains columns of various types, including ints, varchar and a vector of floating point numbers.

Is the int column and the column with the  vector of numbers stored in a binary or native format?

How can I do a query on the table and retrieve the int and vector of numbers in their native binary formats?

Can I do so without the postgres-specific binary cursor? Can it be done without the overhead of converting from some
serializedform
like a string?

An example would be great; I searched but found none.

Thanks,
Vic