Partitioning in PostgrSQL 9.04

From
Hany ABOU-GHOURY
Date:
 Hi!

Have newbie type question. I am looking for a database that supports partitioning that may be widely distributed.
l would like to understand a little more about the equivalent functionality inpostgresql.

Cheers
Hany

Re: Partitioning in PostgrSQL 9.04

From
Lee_postgress_guy
Date:
Hi, I'm a little confused by your questions! What do you mean you are looking
for a database that supports partitioning? Do you mean other databases not
PostgreSQL?
Please explain what you are asking for and will only be too happy to help.

Re: Partitioning in PostgrSQL 9.04

From
Devrim GÜNDÜZ
Date:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/current/static/ddl-partitioning.html

--
Devrim GÜNDÜZ

Re: Partitioning in PostgrSQL 9.04

From
Hany ABOU-GHOURY
Date:
Apologies my message was not clear.
I am using postgres 9.04 and would like to know more about partiiong should I do it or not?

Thanks

Hany

Hi, I'm a little confused by your questions! What do you mean you are looking
for a database that supports partitioning? Do you mean other databases not
PostgreSQL?
Please explain what you are asking for and will only be too happy to help.

Re: Partitioning in PostgrSQL 9.04

From
Lee_postgress_guy
Date:
That’s a very broad question, since I have absolutely no idea what you are
trying to achieve. Partitioning has many benefits, but should not be used
for the sake of it.
You should read the documentation!
Your questions is very broad for a discussion group. What are you trying to
achive?