Autovacuum

From
farrukhusmanrana
Date:
Hello,

I want to see when autovacuum start in the log.
Due to some reasons we need to see when autovaccum starts and end.
1) Is there any easy way to enable any logging switch and it would go to
log? I tired it but could not see anything in log(auto vacuum was running
and completing)
2) If option one is not possible then can I write a trigger on
pg_stat_user_tables? and push something in log in that trigger when
last_autovacuum changes?
- Farrukh Usman

Re: Autovacuum

From
damien clochard
Date:
Le 31/08/2011 18:18, farrukhusmanrana a écrit :
> Hello,
>
> I want to see when autovacuum start in the log.
> Due to some reasons we need to see when autovaccum starts and end.
> 1) Is there any easy way to enable any logging switch and it would go to
> log? I tired it but could not see anything in log(auto vacuum was running
> and completing)

set log_autovacuum_min_duration to zero and your server will log all
autovacuum actions.

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/static/runtime-config-autovacuum.html

> 2) If option one is not possible then can I write a trigger on
> pg_stat_user_tables? and push something in log in that trigger when
> last_autovacuum changes?

This is a complex and very bad idea :-)

--
damien clochard