PgAdmin no longer works on a "clean install" XP SP2

From
Francisco Leovey
Date:
I installed a new XP SP2 workstation and to my surprise PgAdmin III 1.12.2 (latest version) installs but will not run, gives weird error on start.
Yes, XP is still used by us. Mainly due to Mobo problems with W7.
After a lot of testing around I discovered that it needs Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable installed in order to run.
On an older version of PgAdmin (1.4.3) running on this PC prior to this, it was not required or it came included.
It would be nice if the installer of PgAdmin 1.12.2 warns about this.
Thanks

Re: PgAdmin no longer works on a "clean install" XP SP2

From
Francisco Leovey
Date:
Bump due to null reply

I installed a new XP SP2 workstation and to my surprise PgAdmin III 1.12.2 (latest version) installs but will not run, gives weird error on start.
Yes, XP is still used by us. Mainly due to Mobo problems with W7.
After a lot of testing around I discovered that it needs Microsoft Visual C++ redistributable installed in order to run.
On an older version of PgAdmin (1.4.3) running on this PC prior to this, it was not required or it came included.
It would be nice if the installer of PgAdmin 1.12.2 warns about this.
Thanks

Re: PgAdmin no longer works on a "clean install" XP SP2

From
Michael Wood
Date:
On 2 May 2011 13:58, Francisco Leovey <fleovey@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Bump due to null reply

Perhaps you would get a better response from the pgAdmin mailing list.

http://www.pgadmin.org/support/list.php

--
Michael Wood <esiotrot@gmail.com>

--