psql in postgres 9.0.3 not accepting password

From
"Leo"
Date:
I have switched to Postgres 9.0.3 runing on an Ubuntu server 10.10 (latest version)

Now when I try to use psql it does not accept the password for postgres or for any other user.

The database is running OK and is accessible thru PgAdmin3 AND Webmin with no problem, but from the prompt psql is not accepting the password.

Please help.

__________ Información de ESET NOD32 Antivirus, versión de la base de firmas de virus 5951 (20110314) __________

ESET NOD32 Antivirus ha comprobado este mensaje.

http://www.eset.com

Re: psql in postgres 9.0.3 not accepting password

From
"Lacey L. Powers"
Date:
On 03/14/2011 10:46 AM, Leo wrote:
> I have switched to Postgres 9.0.3 runing on an Ubuntu server 10.10 (latest version)
>
> Now when I try to use psql it does not accept the password for postgres or for any other user.
>
> The database is running OK and is accessible thru PgAdmin3 AND Webmin with no problem, but from the prompt psql is
notaccepting the password.

> Please help.

Hello Leo,

What is the error message you are getting?

Could you send us an example? =)

Thank you,

Lacey

Re: psql in postgres 9.0.3 not accepting password

From
Andrej
Date:
On 15 March 2011 06:46, Leo <fleovey@saij.jus.gov.ar> wrote:
> The database is running OK and is accessible thru PgAdmin3 AND Webmin with
> no problem, but from the prompt psql is not accepting the password.

What does the new pg_hba.conf look like?

Cheers,
Andrej