PostgreSQL article online - PDF

From
Thomas Uzunoff
Date:
Hello,

Pavel Stehule wrote an article for Linux Technical Review which is published
now. The language is German. It's regarding PostgreSQL and its possibilities
with e.g. Stored Procedures. The first 100 downloads are sponsored by Linux
Technical Review. Feel free to download the PDF and to read it. Its available
here:

http://www.linuxtechnicalreview.de/Vorschau/%28show%29/Themen/Datenbanken/PostgreSQL-erweitern

Bests

Thomas

--
Thomas Uzunoff
Linux New Media AG, Putzbrunnerstr. 71, 81739 München, Germany

Linux New Media - The Pulse of Linux
Malaga - Manchester - München - Sao Paulo - Warszaw

Sitz der Gesellschaft: Putzbrunnerstr. 71, 81739 München
Amtsgericht München: HRB 129161
Vorstand: Brian Osborn, Hermann Plank
Aufsichtsratsvorsitzender: Rudolf Strobl

Re: PostgreSQL article online - PDF

From
"SUNDAY A. OLUTAYO"
Date:
Can we have the English version

Sunday Olutayo

[...]

Mladen Gogala
Date:
Thomas Uzunoff wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Pavel Stehule wrote an article for Linux Technical Review which is published
> now. The language is German. It's regarding PostgreSQL and its possibilities
> with e.g. Stored Procedures. The first 100 downloads are sponsored by Linux
> Technical Review. Feel free to download the PDF and to read it. Its available
> here:
>
> http://www.linuxtechnicalreview.de/Vorschau/%28show%29/Themen/Datenbanken/PostgreSQL-erweitern
>
> Bests
>
> Thomas

Thomas, will all due respect,  your post is a commercial advertisement.
The link you sent ends up with an offer to purchase the article for 9.90
EUR, including VAT.  I am fairly sure that this mailing list is not the
right place for ads. There is an ugly word for unsolicited advertising,
I believe it's "spam" or something like that.

--
Mladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA

Re: PostgreSQL article online - PDF

From
Thomas Kellerer
Date:
Mladen Gogala, 08.09.2010 15:15:
>> Pavel Stehule wrote an article for Linux Technical Review which is
>> published now. The language is German. It's regarding PostgreSQL
>> and its possibilities with e.g. Stored Procedures. The first 100
>> downloads are sponsored by Linux Technical Review. Feel free to
>> download the PDF and to read it. Its available here:
>>
>> http://www.linuxtechnicalreview.de/Vorschau/%28show%29/Themen/Datenbanken/PostgreSQL-erweitern
>
> Thomas, will all due respect, your post is a commercial
> advertisement. The link you sent ends up with an offer to purchase
> the article for 9.90 EUR, including VAT. I am fairly sure that this
> mailing list is not the right place for ads.

No it's not.

That particular article is free to dowload.

Regards
Thomas

Date:
Mladen Gogala wrote on 08.09.2010 19:32:
> Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>>
>> No it's not.
>>
>> That particular article is free to dowload.
>>
>> Regards
>> Thomas
>>
> Yes, if you sign up, which I declined. This is a borderline thing.

Please do include the list in your answers.

You do not need to sign up. I downloaded the file without it

Thomas

Re: PostgreSQL article online - PDF

From
"J. Roeleveld"
Date:
On Friday 10 September 2010 16:55:35 Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> Mladen Gogala wrote on 08.09.2010 19:32:
> > Thomas Kellerer wrote:
> >> No it's not.
> >>
> >> That particular article is free to dowload.
> >>
> >> Regards
> >> Thomas
> >
> > Yes, if you sign up, which I declined. This is a borderline thing.
>
> Please do include the list in your answers.
>
> You do not need to sign up. I downloaded the file without it
>
> Thomas

Hi Thomas,

I have to agree with Mladen Gogala here.
I am unable to find a way to download that file without having to register.

You may be able to without simply because you may have registered previously
and are still "logged into the site".

Can you guide us through that site to get to the file without having to leave
name and email and without having to be logged into that site?

--
Joost Roeleveld

Date:
J. Roeleveld wrote on 10.09.2010 19:35:
> On Friday 10 September 2010 16:55:35 Thomas Kellerer wrote:
>> Mladen Gogala wrote on 08.09.2010 19:32:

>>> Yes, if you sign up, which I declined. This is a borderline thing.
>>
>> Please do include the list in your answers.
>>
>> You do not need to sign up. I downloaded the file without it
>>
>> Thomas
>
> Hi Thomas,
>
> I have to agree with Mladen Gogala here.
> I am unable to find a way to download that file without having to register.
>
> You may be able to without simply because you may have registered previously
> and are still "logged into the site".
>
> Can you guide us through that site to get to the file without having to leave
> name and email and without having to be logged into that site?

No, I have never "registered" with that site.

I agree: one needs to supply an email, but I don't consider this "registering" to be honest...

So it depends on what "registration" is all about I guess.

Regards
Thomas

Re: PostgreSQL article online - PDF

From
Thomas Uzunoff
Date:
sry, it just exist in german :(

i will let you know if its available in english.

Bests
Thomas

--

On Wednesday 08 September 2010 12:03:03 SUNDAY A. OLUTAYO wrote:
> Can we have the English version
>
> Sunday Olutayo

Jayadevan M
> From: Thomas Uzunoff <tuzunoff@linuxnewmedia.de>
> To: pgsql-novice@postgresql.org
> Date: 20/09/2010 19:59
> Subject: Re: [NOVICE] PostgreSQL article online - PDF
> Sent by: pgsql-novice-owner@postgresql.org
>
> sry, it just exist in german :(
>
> i will let you know if its available in english.
>
> Bests
> Thomas

I tried using google translate and oops..., not worth it.
Regards,
Jayadevan

DISCLAIMER:

"The information in this e-mail and any attachment is intended only for
the person to whom it is addressed and may contain confidential and/or
privileged material. If you have received this e-mail in error, kindly
contact the sender and destroy all copies of the original communication.
IBS makes no warranty, express or implied, nor guarantees the accuracy,
adequacy or completeness of the information contained in this email or any
attachment and is not liable for any errors, defects, omissions, viruses
or for resultant loss or damage, if any, direct or indirect."

Re: PostgreSQL article online - PDF

From
Jens-Christoph Brendel
Date:
Hi all,

the posting by my colleague Mr. Uzunoff was no spam - from my point of
view - because there was nothing to sell. The article was a gift. You
had to give us your mail address just because otherwise we wouldn't be
able to sent you the pdf. But again: We didn't forced anyone to display
his address if he won't. Let me put it this way: We offered a valuable
article for free because we thought that might be helpful for the
audience here. If the majority of the readers is bothered by such a mail
we will let it be.

BTW: Another article on Thursday at the same place will explain the new
master-slave replication in PostgreSQL 9.0 step by step.

regards

Jens-Christoph Brendel

--
Jens-Christoph Brendel

= Editor-in-Chief              Linux Technical Review =
Linux New Media  AG       |    Phone:  +49 89 9934 1146
Putzbrunner Str. 71       |    Fax:    +49 89 9934 1199
81739 München, Germany    |    Mobile: +49 163 356 2561

jbrendel@linuxnewmedia.de - http://www.linuxnewmedia.de

Linux New Media         Lawrence -  Malaga - Manchester
The Pulse of Linux      München - Sao Paulo -  Warszawa