calling functions which take user defined types

From
Siddharth Saha
Date:
Can someone tell me how to invoke a UDF which takes a user-defined type as one of its arguments. I want to invoke the function from the command line, that is, make a variable of the user-defined type and call the function all from the command line.

Thanks & Regards,
Siddharth Saha

Re: calling functions which take user defined types

Date:
Siddharth Saha <siddharthsaha@drishti-soft.com> writes:
> Can someone tell me how to invoke a UDF which takes a user-defined type as
> one of its arguments.

It's not significantly different from calling functions with built-in types.
Typically you'd do

    select myfunc('value', ...);

for a scalar type, or

    select myfunc(row('value', 'value', ...), ...);

for a composite type.

            regards, tom lane