Remote Connection to server: Connection Refused

From
Kavitha Parvataneni

I am using Postgresql 8.4 on Ubunut 10.04

I am having trouble connecting a remote client to the Postgresql server running on the Ubuntu 10.04 machine. I don’t have a problem opening a client connection on the host machine.

I did the following changes :

In Postgresql.conf file :

listen_address = ‘*’

In pg_hba.conf file:

local  all   all                           md5

host   all   all      0.0.0.0/0        md5

I restarted the server after making these changes

 sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 restart

The remote client and  the host(postgresql server) are on the same network . I can ping each other and they are communicating.

I checked if the server is running using the command from the terminal

sudo /etc/init.d/postgresql-8.4 status

I got the following response:

Running clusters: 8.4/main

Please help me. What am I doing wrong?

Thanks

Re: Remote Connection to server: Connection Refused

From
Victor Hugo
Date:
Kavitha,

host all all  IP_you_network/24 md5

[]´s
Victor Hugo

--
[]´s
Victor Hugo

Re: Remote Connection to server: Connection Refused

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
Kavitha Parvataneni <kavip81@yahoo.com> wrote:

> I am using Postgresql 8.4 on Ubunut 10.04
>

> I am having trouble connecting a remote client to the Postgresql server running
> on the Ubuntu 10.04 machine. I don’t have a problem opening a client connection
> on the host machine.

please provide us the error-message.

> In Postgresql.conf file :
>

> listen_address = ‘*’
>

> In pg_hba.conf file:
>

> local  all   all                           md5
>
> host   all   all      0.0.0.0/0        md5

seems okay, are there any kind of firewalls between?

Andreas