PostgreSQL Book

From
Carel Combrink
Date:
Dear Mailing List,

What is the best book that I can get for PostgreSQL development. I
know it is hard or sometimes impossible to have a best one but I need
a good one that is complete and up-to-date. I am new to PostgreSQL and
the online resources are very good and helped me a lot but I am a
hard-copy kind of person and would like to have at least one good book
I can reference.

Thank you,
--
Carel Combrink
s25291930@tuks.co.za

This message and attachments are subject to a disclaimer. Please refer
to www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ for full
details. / Hierdie boodskap en aanhangsels is aan 'n vrywaringsklousule
onderhewig. Volledige besonderhede is by
www.it.up.ac.za/documentation/governance/disclaimer/ beskikbaar.

Re: PostgreSQL Book

From
jr
Date:
hi Carel,

> ... online resources are very good and helped me a lot but I am a hard-copy
> kind of person and would like to have at least one good book I can
> reference.

:-)

'PostgreSQL' by Korry Douglas and Susan Douglas (ISBN 0-672-32756-2) is
comprehensive.

--

regards, jr.  (jr@tailorware.org.uk)

Re: PostgreSQL Book

From
gargoyle60
Date:
On Thu, 22 Apr 2010 09:51:04 +0100, jr
<jorg.raskowski@tailorware.org.uk> wrote:

>'PostgreSQL' by Korry Douglas and Susan Douglas (ISBN 0-672-32756-2) is
>comprehensive.

Seconded. It is well laid out and is easy to jump around if you're
looking for something in particular, or just as easy to work trhu
cover to cover. Check the reiews on Amazon.