How to set default database

From
Krzysztof Walkiewicz
Date:
Hello!

I created database "krzysztof" for practice postgresql. After few days i
  deleted that database and i created the next one "cwiczebna". Now when
I type "psql" i get strange info, something like: "CRITICAL: base
"krzysztof" don't exist". Now i need to  type "psql cwiczebna" to log in
to new database. How to set the default database or connect
automatically to "cwiczebna" database when I type "psql" in terminal. I
am using Debian Lenny distro.

--
Krzysztof Walkiewicz
-----------------------

Re: How to set default database

From
Joshua Tolley
Date:
On Thu, Feb 04, 2010 at 07:37:30PM +0100, Krzysztof Walkiewicz wrote:
> Hello!
>
> I created database "krzysztof" for practice postgresql. After few days i
>  deleted that database and i created the next one "cwiczebna". Now when
> I type "psql" i get strange info, something like: "CRITICAL: base
> "krzysztof" don't exist". Now i need to  type "psql cwiczebna" to log in
> to new database. How to set the default database or connect
> automatically to "cwiczebna" database when I type "psql" in terminal. I
> am using Debian Lenny distro.

You can set the PGDATABASE environment variable to tell psql which database to
log into.

--
Joshua Tolley / eggyknap
End Point Corporation