Introduction

From
Mladen Gogala
Date:
I am new to the list, it is my turn to introduce myself. My company decided to do a pilot project with Postgres and here I am. I have approximately 4 weeks of experience with PgSQL and 20 years of experience with Oracle RDBMS, from the version 4.1.4 on PC XT with 512K RAM and 20MB hard drive to 11.2 on a 2 way RAC. I am also quite adept with Linux, Perl and PHP. I will have a lot of stupid questions and I beg for your forgiveness in advance.

VMSMladen Gogala
Sr. Oracle DBA
1500 Broadway
New York, NY 10036
(212) 329-5251
www.vmsinfo.com

Re: Introduction

From
Richard Broersma
Date:
On Wed, Nov 18, 2009 at 12:22 PM, Mladen Gogala
<mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com> wrote:

>... with Oracle RDBMS, from the version 4.1.4 on PC XT with 512K RAM and 20MB
> hard drive to 11.2 on a 2 way RAC.

I only hope the computers you are using in the pilot program are a bit
more substantial than this. ;)

Richard Broersma Jr.

http://pugs.postgresql.org/lapug