GRANT SELECT on all the partitions?

From
Sergey Samokhin
Date:
Hello.

Suppose that I have created a few dozens of partitions which all
inherit from a single master table. Is there a way to GRANT SELECT on
all these child tables by using a single SQL command? Having to issue
a few dozens of similar but different GRANTs makes me tremble.

Something like the followind pseudocode could be the solution:

GRANT SELECT ON TABLES INHERITED FROM master_table;

How do people manage their batch of partitions?

--
Sergey Samokhin

Re: GRANT SELECT on all the partitions?

From
Sean Davis
Date:
On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 11:52 AM, Sergey Samokhin <prikrutil@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello.
>
> Suppose that I have created a few dozens of partitions which all
> inherit from a single master table. Is there a way to GRANT SELECT on
> all these child tables by using a single SQL command? Having to issue
> a few dozens of similar but different GRANTs makes me tremble.

I don't think so.  I would suggest using something like pgadminIII to
do this kind of thing.  You just select the tables and then you can do
batch changes like grants.

Sean

> Something like the followind pseudocode could be the solution:
>
> GRANT SELECT ON TABLES INHERITED FROM master_table;
>
> How do people manage their batch of partitions?
>
> --
> Sergey Samokhin

Re: GRANT SELECT on all the partitions?

From
Sergey Samokhin
Date:
Hello.

On Sat, Sep 26, 2009 at 10:27 PM, Sean Davis <sdavis2@mail.nih.gov> wrote:
> I don't think so.  I would suggest using something like pgadminIII to
> do this kind of thing.  You just select the tables and then you can do
> batch changes like grants.

Thanks, I didn't think of pgadmin3 as a tool to make batch operations
possible. I'l try.

--
Sergey Samokhin