text records and cross referencing

From
"Pol (Admin)"
Date:
Hi

i am very new to postgresql. I am playing around with it to test it as a
personal vocabulary and language expression manager.

Main field would be a passage from a text work, where each word is
searchable.
Any experience and reports about such use?

A further questions is about the possibility to make cross references, that
is
1) highlighting all records that have been connected (by the user) to the
displayed record
2) switching from a record to another one, within the same database.

Thank you

---Pol

Re: text records and cross referencing

From
Mike Ellsworth
Date:
On Wed, Aug 19, 2009 at 7:25 AM, Pol  (Admin)<xtekhne@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> i am very new to postgresql. I am playing around with it to test it as a
> personal vocabulary and language expression manager.
>
> Main field would be a passage from a text work, where each word is
> searchable.

Maybe start your reading here:

http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.4/interactive/textsearch.html

--