Having trouble installing on Vista

From
"P. Staring"
Date:
Hi,

When trying to install PostgreSQL on Windows Vista with
postgresql-8.3.7-1-windows.exe, I am asked for a password for the
postgres-user. But when I give one, it says it is incorrect.
Ergo, the user exists and I don't have the correct password. How can I
find the user and change the password? Because when I look in
Useraccounts, there's only me. No other accounts.

Thanks in advance!

Re: Having trouble installing on Vista

From
Michael Swierczek
Date:
Windows Vista only displays some accounts in the "User Accounts"
Control Panel.  If you go to Control Panels and open the
"Administrative Tools" item, then under that open "Computer
Management", and click the "Users" option in the left pane, that lists
all accounts.  If the postgres account is there, you can right click
and select Set Password.
On my machine, at least, the "postgres" account does not show up under
"User Accounts" but does appear in the "Computer Management" section.

Good luck.
-Mike

On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 8:09 AM, P. Staring<info@collectief-it.nl> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> When trying to install PostgreSQL on Windows Vista with
> postgresql-8.3.7-1-windows.exe, I am asked for a password for the
> postgres-user. But when I give one, it says it is incorrect.
> Ergo, the user exists and I don't have the correct password. How can I find
> the user and change the password? Because when I look in Useraccounts,
> there's only me. No other accounts.
>
> Thanks in advance!

Having trouble installing on Vista

From
"P. Staring"
Date:
Couldn't find it there (my version of Vista is Dutch) but on another
forum (Vistaheads) I was pointed to this:

http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Running_%26_Installing_PostgreSQL_On_Native_Windows#How_do_I_delete_the_service_account_-_it.27s_not_listed_under_users.21

This was the solution I was looking for.

Thanks, though!