customizable web reporting tools

From
"Ertel, Steve"

I need to provide the ability for end users to make customizable reports from within my application.  Can anyone give me some suggestions for open source web based applications that I could use as a plug-in to my application?  I think that I could write this but I am under a time crunch (like everyone else).  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Steve

Re: customizable web reporting tools

From
"Mike Ellsworth"
Date:
On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 10:15 AM, Ertel, Steve
<Steve.Ertel@infimatic.com> wrote:
> I need to provide the ability for end users to make customizable reports
> from within my application.  Can anyone give me some suggestions for open
> source web based applications that I could use as a plug-in to my
> application?  I think that I could write this but I am under a time crunch
> (like everyone else).  Any suggestions would be helpful.
>
> Thanks,
> Steve

if (Time crunch becomes > Open source, 'let me know off list', 'others
may have ideas').

would be no charge.

Thanks,
Mike

Re: customizable web reporting tools

From
Steve T
Date:
Steve,
I'm not sure if its still available, but a couple of years back we looked at Jasper fronted by iReport - both from source forge from recollection. It may be worth looking at them.

I need to provide the ability for end users to make customizable reports from within my application.  Can anyone give me some suggestions for open source web based applications that I could use as a plug-in to my application?  I think that I could write this but I am under a time crunch (like everyone else).  Any suggestions would be helpful.

Thanks,
Steve

Steve Tucknott
ReTSol Ltd