basic DB questions

From
Isabella Ghiurea
Date:
 Hi,
 I'm trying to learn PG, here are my very basic questions,
-how to switch between db's in a Pg cluster ( with 2 aka : db1 & db2) ,
as user postrges  using;'psql
- what will always be the  the default db when  first I call  psql
thank you,
Isabella

Re: basic DB questions

From
Andreas Kretschmer
Date:
Isabella Ghiurea <isabella.ghiurea@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> schrieb:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to learn PG, here are my very basic questions,
> -how to switch between db's in a Pg cluster ( with 2 aka : db1 & db2) ,
> as user postrges  using;'psql

\c <other_db>

> - what will always be the  the default db when  first I call  psql

without a db? A db called <your_username>

Andreas

Re: basic DB questions

From
"Sean Davis"
Date:
On Thu, Oct 16, 2008 at 2:20 PM, Isabella Ghiurea
<isabella.ghiurea@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca> wrote:

> Hi,
> I'm trying to learn PG, here are my very basic questions,
> -how to switch between db's in a Pg cluster ( with 2 aka : db1 & db2) , as
> user postrges  using;'psql

\connect db1
\connect db2

> - what will always be the  the default db when  first I call  psql

Depends on the user.  As postgres, the database will be postgres.