quiet restore

From
"Keith Turner"
Date:
Hi,

I am writing a command line script that restores a database (not created by me) using the command

psql -U USER DATABASE < RESTORE_FILENAME

This works fine, but it outputs to the command line window. Is there a way to suppress this?

Keith

Re: quiet restore

From
"Harold A. Giménez Ch."
Date:
You could simply pipe it to /dev/null

psql -U USER DATABASE < RESTORE_FILENAME > /dev/null