Documentation Tool

From
"Martin Marcher"
Date:
Hi,

I'm investigating a Database with about 60 tables and 40 functions.
It's not that much but I'd like to be able to documentation to it
(javadoc, doxygen, anything don't care as long as it runs on linux).
On pgfoundry I ran over http://pgfoundry.org/projects/autodoc/ but
that is quite undocumented itself.

Any hints what to use to do that?

thanks
martin

--
http://tumblr.marcher.name
https://twitter.com/MartinMarcher

You are not free to read this message,
by doing so, you have violated my licence
and are required to urinate publicly. Thank you.

Re: Documentation Tool

From
"Sean Davis"
Date:
On Thu, Mar 27, 2008 at 2:13 PM, Martin Marcher <martin@marcher.name> wrote:
> Hi,
>
>  I'm investigating a Database with about 60 tables and 40 functions.
>  It's not that much but I'd like to be able to documentation to it
>  (javadoc, doxygen, anything don't care as long as it runs on linux).
>  On pgfoundry I ran over http://pgfoundry.org/projects/autodoc/ but
>  that is quite undocumented itself.

Have you looked into the "comment" SQL command?  It will let you
document to your heart's content all the pieces of your schema.  You
can then use SQL queries to generate "reports" that can be used to
produce html documentation, etc.

Sean