difference in MVCC in 8.3 vs 8.2

From
kenneth d'souza
Date:
Hi,

Are there any significant changes to the MVCC concept in 8.3 vs 8.2 in terms of theory and implementation.
Is there any reason why the function must have got renamed from HeapTupleSatisfiesSnapshot to HeapTupleSatisfiesMVCC.

I have understood the usage of HeapTupleSetHintBits though.

Thanks,
Kenneth

Exclusive Marriage Proposals! Find UR life partner at Shaadi.com Try it!

Re: difference in MVCC in 8.3 vs 8.2

Date:
"kenneth d'souza" <kd_souza@hotmail.com> writes:
> Is there any reason why the function must have got renamed from
> HeapTupleSatisfiesSnapshot to HeapTupleSatisfiesMVCC.

The old name was misleading, because all those functions work with
"snapshots" in the sense of "values of type Snapshot".  See

http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-committers/2007-03/msg00316.php

            regards, tom lane