Free designable front end for PostgreSQL

From
"Peter N. Ernst"
Date:
To Whom It May Concern:

Wanted to set up a database in a small network with PostgreSQL on Windows. Before I start there is one question:

Is there free/opensource-ware to set up a self designed user-interfaces on the “workstationss” with forms and buttons,
inwhich mere mortal people can put data in and print of some predefined reports?

Can somebody give me a hint please?

Thanks in advance

Peter

Re: Free designable front end for PostgreSQL

From
"Andrej Ricnik-Bay"
Date:
On 8/11/07, Peter N. Ernst <pn.ernst@web.de> wrote:
> Is there free/opensource-ware to set up a self designed
> user-interfaces on the  workstationss  with forms and buttons,
> in which mere mortal people can put data in and print of some
> predefined reports?
Have a look at rekall ...
I've never used Postgres *or* rekall on windows, but it's
a nice combo in Linux.
http://www.aptrio.com/Miscellaneous/Other-Home-Hobby/rekall-for-windows-11671.html

> Thanks in advance
>
> Peter
Cheers,
Andrej

Re: Free designable front end for PostgreSQL

From
"Jim Stalewski"
Date:
So, you're looking for, like, an open-source/free MS-Access that uses a
PGSQL back-end?  Or an open-source/free Crystal Reports?  Or what?

Wander around sourceforge, and you find stuff like
http://sourceforge.net/projects/openrpt
http://sourceforge.net/projects/rlib
http://sourceforge.net/projects/reportsz

For just a few...

Wanted to set up a database in a small network with PostgreSQL on
Windows. Before I start there is one question:

Is there free/opensource-ware to set up a self designed user-interfaces
on the "workstationss" with forms and buttons, in which mere mortal
people can put data in and print of some predefined reports?

Can somebody give me a hint please?

Thanks in advance

Peter

       match

This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for the use of the individual or
entityto whom they are addressed. If you have received this email in error please notify the sender and delete it.
Pleasenote that any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and do not necessarily
representthose of the company.
No employee or agent is authorized to conclude any binding agreement on behalf of Visa Lighting with another party by
emailwithout express written confirmation by an authorized representative of the Company.
Finally, the recipient should check this email and any attachments for the presence of viruses. The company accepts no
liabilityfor any damage caused by any virus transmitted by this email.

Re: Free designable front end for PostgreSQL

From
"Josh Tolley"
Date:
On 8/10/07, Peter N. Ernst <pn.ernst@web.de> wrote:
> To Whom It May Concern:
>
> Wanted to set up a database in a small network with PostgreSQL on Windows. Before I start there is one question:
>
> Is there free/opensource-ware to set up a self designed user-interfaces on the  workstationss  with forms and
buttons,in which mere mortal people can put data in and print of some predefined reports?

> Can somebody give me a hint please?

I've used neither of these packages, but have read on blogs about
Andromeda (http://www.andromeda-project.org/) and once:radix
(http://www.oncetechnologies.com/radix/)

- Josh

Re: Free designable front end for PostgreSQL

From
johnf
Date:
On Friday 10 August 2007 13:44, Andrej Ricnik-Bay wrote:
> On 8/11/07, Peter N. Ernst <pn.ernst@web.de> wrote:
> > Is there free/opensource-ware to set up a self designed
> > user-interfaces on the  workstationss  with forms and buttons,
> > in which mere mortal people can put data in and print of some
> > predefined reports?
>
> Have a look at rekall ...
> I've never used Postgres *or* rekall on windows, but it's
> a nice combo in Linux.
> http://www.aptrio.com/Miscellaneous/Other-Home-Hobby/rekall-for-windows-116
>71.html
>
> > Thanks in advance
> >
> > Peter
>
> Cheers,
> Andrej

Take a look at Dabo you should be able to create and run a report in minutes.
www.dabodev.com.  Checkout the screencast.
--
John Fabiani