Postgre Connection question

From
Jeff Stanley
Date:
I am using Postgre DB 8.1.5. I am using another machine on the same network to connect via IP with no success. I have
editedthe postgresql.conf file and changed listen_address = '*' and edited the hba.conf file to include the IP that I
canconnect to. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Try the free Yahoo! Mail Beta.

Re: Postgre Connection question

From
Shane Ambler
Date:
Jeff Stanley wrote:
> I am using Postgre DB 8.1.5. I am using another machine on the same network
 > to connect via IP with no success. I have edited the postgresql.conf
 > file and changed listen_address = '*' and edited the hba.conf file to
 > include the IP that I can connect to. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

As long as your pg_hba.conf file is setup correct, check that you don't
have any firewall settings blocking incoming traffic to the server.
Default is port 5432

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz

Re: Postgre Connection question

From
"Jasbinder Singh Bali"
Date:
Disable all your firewall rules for a moment and see if it works that way.
something like
service iptables stop (in fedora)

Thanks,
Jas

On 2/6/07, Shane Ambler <pgsql@007marketing.com> wrote:
Jeff Stanley wrote:
> I am using Postgre DB 8.1.5. I am using another machine on the same network
> to connect via IP with no success. I have edited the postgresql.conf
> file and changed listen_address = '*' and edited the hba.conf file to
> include the IP that I can connect to. Any help would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks

As long as your pg_hba.conf file is setup correct, check that you don't
have any firewall settings blocking incoming traffic to the server.

--

Shane Ambler
pgSQL@007Marketing.com

Get Sheeky @ http://Sheeky.Biz