un-initdb?

From
Ray Stell
Date:
I want to remove a cluster created by initdb?  Is the tool for doing this
rm -rf on the -D?   google finds pg_dropcluster in debian-land.  Thanks.

Re: un-initdb?

Date:
Ray Stell <stellr@cns.vt.edu> writes:
> I want to remove a cluster created by initdb?  Is the tool for doing this
> rm -rf on the -D?

Yup.  Don't forget to stop the postmaster first.

            regards, tom lane

Re: un-initdb?

From
Sean Davis
Date:
On Thursday 05 October 2006 10:32, Ray Stell wrote:
> I want to remove a cluster created by initdb?  Is the tool for doing this
> rm -rf on the -D?   google finds pg_dropcluster in debian-land.  Thanks.

That will do it.  You may want to make a copy of your configuration file and
pg_hba file first, if you have made substantial changes to them.

Sean