pgadminIII in fedora core 4 : ident authentication failed

From
Ramon Orticio
Date:
dear friends,

thanks devrim. the yum install  worked fine. however i can not connect  to the database i made in postgresql-8.0.3-1 using  pgadminIII. it posted ident authentication failed for user postgres.

i tired to edit the pg_hba.conf file and added  host all     all      192.168.9.0.0/24  md5 under IPv4 local connections as suggested in the message in pgadminIII,  but still it did not connect.

 what would be the best approach to remedy this problem.

thanks for any advice.

ramon

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: pgadminIII in fedora core 4 : ident authentication

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hello,

On Tue, 2006-08-08 at 20:39 -0700, Ramon Orticio wrote:
> i tired to edit the pg_hba.conf file and added  host all     all
> 192.168.9.0.0/24  md5 under IPv4 local connections as suggested in the
> message in pgadminIII,  but still it did not connect.

Could you please paste relevant lines in pg_hba.conf (uncommented lines,
I mean)? You know, the order of the lines is important in pg_hba.conf,
so please check it.