Easy SQL Question

From
"Greg"
Date:
I Was looking at the PgSQL documentation last night but could not find how
to join two fields as one,

i.e

select (firstname + lastname) as fullname from users

I also tried (Cast(firstname as varchar) + Cast(lastname as varchar))

But that doesn't work..
How do I do this?

Thanks

Re: Easy SQL Question

From
"Shoaib Mir"
Date:
You can do it like this:

select firstname || ' ' || lastname as fullname from emp;

/Shoaib

I Was looking at the PgSQL documentation last night but could not find how
to join two fields as one,

i.e

select (firstname + lastname) as fullname from users

I also tried (Cast(firstname as varchar) + Cast(lastname as varchar))

But that doesn't work..
How do I do this?

Thanks

Re: Easy SQL Question

From
Devrim GUNDUZ
Date:
Hi,

On Mon, 2006-06-12 at 10:58 +0200, Greg wrote:
> I Was looking at the PgSQL documentation last night but could not find
> how to join two fields as one,

Use || for concat.